"you can’t ship that, that character has canon interaction with the opposite sex"
- fandom please I implore you all to talk about Dean Thomas more
- literally yelling for a red card during a Quidditch match
- painting a potter for president banner for his friend HOW CUTE
- offering to forge a signature so that same friend could go to the village with the rest of them
- actually he paints banners supporting Harry on two separate occasions four years apart
- is it weirder that he keeps doing that or that Harry keeps getting himself into situations where he requires banners
- good with a quill be still my beating heart the boy is an artist
- literally not giving a single fuck that their teacher was a “dangerous half-breed” because he respected the hell out of him as a person and educator
- IF YOU MEAN PROFESSOR LUPIN, HE WAS THE BEST WE EVER -
- and he grew up as a muggle so he had already been exposed to werewolf folklore and he had every excuse to be afraid or prejudiced and instead decided to judge him on a human level, even without the familiarity the trio etc. had with him
- standing up for that same teacher time and time again
- including to a ministry official who he just generally gave the sass to anyway
- never losing his faith in Harry even when his very best friend in the whole world and approximately 89% of the wizarding community basically thought the bloke was a nutjob
- convincing his best mate to join DA
there was a fair bit of an anti-dean sentiment in HBP best to ignore that then
- never having any animosity towards his friend for getting together with his ex-girlfriend so soon
- completely supporting and defending Harry while on the run because OBVIOUSLY why stop now after seven years of doing literally that at every single opportunity
- being completely bemused by but always kind towards Luna
- helping to dig the grave on the beach
- running out into the final battle without a fucking wand
- evidently winning one at some point
- everything to do with him and Seamus however you want to view their relationship but frankly I could do a whole other post on that
also I met Alfie once and he was so pretty
- dEAN THOMAS
The Valar: From the day we arrive on the planet And blinking, step into the sun There's more to see than can ever be seen More to do than can ever be done There's far too much to take in here More to find than can ever be found But the sun rolling high Through the sapphire sky Keeps great and small on the endless round
Melkor: My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!
Eru Illuvatar: God Dammit Melkor!
So I still haven’t started the Silmarillion but I did nearly get into a fight with a teacher. He called Tolkien “overrated” and I told him to shut his dirty mouth. My friends dragged me away before we started debating. I will be on a train tomorrow so I will read some!
Hi guys! I’m Bumblebee, or Abigail if you prefer irl names. I loved Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit so much that I joined a Tolkien class. In said class I was supposed to read The Silmarillion, but uh, I didn’t exactly finish it. I thought this would be a great time to actually read the thing!
I was assigned Team Angband, and I’ll post thoughts as I read. Hopefully, I’ll write some fanfic as we go, but I think that’ll happen once we start reading about flesh-and-blood characters rather than anthropomorphized concepts.